A. Complete the required training. Visit the Training Page for detailed instructions.
All personnel (faculty, staff, and students) included on an IACUC protocol must complete the following training courses or provide equivalent training documents to the IACUC Administrative Office:
- CITI course â€śWorking with the IACUCâ€ť. For triennial renewal complete â€śWorking with the IACUC Refresher Courseâ€ť
- CITI course â€śReducing Pain and Distress in Laboratory Mice and Ratsâ€ť
- Laboratory Safety Training Requirements
- CITI course for species specific training described in the protocol.
- Required for personnel working with research related animal contact must complete Occupational Health:
B. Complete the appropriate protocol application available onÂ IRBNet:
A consultation with the Attending Veterinarian and/or Animal Resource Facilities Manager is strongly recommended and may be required before submitting a protocol.
Collaboration with someone outside of Rice with animal research
Please go to IRBNet
and submit your study application with following:
- IACUC Multipurpose Protocol Application
- Collaboratorâ€™s Approved IACUC animal protocol (including the official approval memo from the institutionâ€™s IACUC)
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Rice University and the collaborating Institution.