SPARC - Research Compliance
Our compliance team supports the University‚Äôs continued compliance efforts by helping faculty and staff understand their obligations under applicable governmental regulations and university policies.¬† While many of our activities are relevant to Rice‚Äôs research enterprise, our work can affect many aspects of university activities.
What do we do? We:
- develop and administer policies and procedures related to conflict of interest (COI) , export controls, human subject research (IRB), animal use (IACUC), and recombinant DNA (rDNA) and biohazards (IBC);
- coordinate with SPARC‚Äôs grants team to confirm compliance with regulatory requirements at both the proposal and grant stage;
- manage the university-wide compliance committees for COI, IRB, IACUC, and IBC;
- assist researchers in submitting required documentation, such as research protocols (IRB, IACUC, and IBC), disclosures and management plans (COI), and technology control plans and license applications (export controls).
- educate and guide Rice faculty and staff on their compliance obligations;
- maintain electronic compliance systems; and
- submit required reports and disclosures to government and funding agencies.
Systems & Contacts
* This is only for COI, not for Export Control.
Certifications & Assurances
- Human Subjects Assurance: FWA00003890
- PHS/OLAW Assurance: D16-00005 (Legacy No. A3010-01)
- Fully accredited with the Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, International (AAALAC): 001676
- USDA research facility registration: 74-R-0031/1515